So, I thought I would start my kids’ prayer circles with my youngest, my baby Caleb. If you are unsure as to what “prayer circles” are… They are simply direct, specific prayers I’m praying around my kids. You can refer to Mark Batterson’s book The Circle Maker as well as the Bible if you’d like to see exactly what I’m talking about! I plan to add to these prayer circles as time passes by and needs arise! Please feel free to pray with me!
- To obey God, parents, and other trusted adults.
- To have a thriving, wholehearted relationship with the Lord and lead multitudes of people into a relationship with Jesus… Being a man of influence just as his namesake in the Bible. “But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.” Numbers 14:24
- To become a humble yet confident, hard-working, and trustworthy young man. Walking in obedience to the calling placed upon his life.
- Bring other “people of iron” (as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another…” Prov. 27:17) to be people of influence in Caleb’s life. Give him wisdom to choose good friends and prepare them now to be the friends at the right place and right time for Caleb!
- Prepare his future spouse even now to be the woman of God crafted especially for Caleb. Grant her parents wisdom in raising her and keep her from falling into the traps of the enemy.
As always, help Josh and I to raise Caleb in the way that would be pleasing to You. Give us Your heart for him. Preserve him, grow him, and call him to be the man of God you desire him to be!