– Caleb’s open-mouthed kisses. They will be over before I know it.
– Emily’s morning cuddles.
– Watching all three play a rousing game of “dress up.” Poor Caleb.
– Anna wanting so much to be the big girl… Just like mommy. Lord, help us!
– The smiles when I walk into the room. They actually love me.
– Swinging Emily on her swing. It brings her such joy!
– Singing to each one before they rest in the afternoon or sleep for the night. They treasure that time.
– Being able to pat Caleb on the top of his head. Too soon, I won’t be able to even see it without standing on a chair.
– Lazy summer mornings.
– Listening to Anna explore books. It’s a new frontier!
– Hearing what they are all thankful for each evening before bed.
– Making their favorite meals.
– Hearing their laughter. There’s such an innocent joy about them all.
My children, I truly do delight in you. There are so many things I LOVE about you, each of you. And, although I’m not perfect, you’re not perfect, and life isn’t perfect, I LOVE YOU! No matter what. Even when you stumble, mess up, succeed, triumph, or fail, I delight in you. Not just me, though, so does the Lord. Listen to this. Soak it in; allow the word of the Lord to permeate your soul.
The Lord makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him;
Though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
– Psalm 37:23, 24