In honor of Valentine’s Day and our 1st date 18 years ago, here’s a list of “what I like about you…”
- The way you never say I look “fat” even when I’m 9 months pregnant. You say things like, “Wow, that’s different” or “I think I like the other shirt you had on.”
- You fold the dreaded laundry, especially since you know I REALLY don’t like that chore.
- You’re protective of our girls and their wardrobe. Leggings are NOT pants!
- How you believe in me and my dreams. Your encouragement means the world to me!
- You allow me to buy you flashy shirts… Oh, how I wish you’d wear those from time to time!
- How you serve people who can’t (or won’t) serve you back. You love as Jesus does. Well, at least most of the time. 🙂
- You play Super Mario World with Caleb even though you’ve beaten the game at least 5 times… Just because he wants to play with you.
- You show deep love and respect toward your parents… You are a treasure.
- The way you play and wrestle with our puppy… You love her WAY too much!
- You remind me where my priorities lie. My relationship with the Lord, you, and the kids are first. All others come after. You keep me accountable with my time… Thank you!
Happy Valentine’s Day, Josh. Who would have thought we’d be still celebrating 18 years later?